The top 3 jobs of a business owner… hint, it all revolves around marketing!
If you don’t evolve as a business owner your business will become extinct.
For a business owner, you have 3 clear jobs when it comes to generating income and creating a consistent flow in your business. And not being up to date with social media or knowing how to create digital content is NOT a good excuse anymore.
- You need to get the attention of your target audience.
- You need to be able to build relationships and create engagement that then converts into trust and rapport, so it converts people into customers with regular transactions.
- You need to ensure that you can maintain a product or services that delivers at a high enough level to ensure customers will come back for repeat business, refer to generate new business, and sing your praises on social media to instil more trust in new customers.
We are seeing businesses right now losing market share and being overtaken by more innovative and responsive brands because they aren’t evolving in the social media space and understanding the importance of creating CONTENT. Content that is of interest to your target audience and that ranges from anything from a blog post, to a successful case study, to helpful tips, regular email newsletters, regular video, ebooks, and podcasts. Feed your audience what they want to learn from you and create TRUST.
And… it takes time. It takes a strategy.
“If your business is earning less than $1 million in revenue, and you want to scale and grow, then you should be spending 80% of your time on sales and marketing.”
Are you evolving? Or are you becoming a dinosaur business owner?
(… You know that we can help you don’t you?)
Here are some useful stats for you if you’re struggling with the idea of creating content:
- Written articles, videos, and images are the three most engaging types of content on social media. (Clutch, 2017) (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics)
- Content marketing gets three times more leads than paid search advertising. (Content Marketing Institute, 2017) (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics)
- Product videos can increase purchases by 144%. (Neil Patel, 2017)
- Almost 50% of Internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store. (Google, 2016) (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics)
- 20% of people will read the text on a page, but 80% of people will watch a video. (My SMN, 2017) (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics)
If you want to speak with Melissa in greater detail about how to get more out of the content you are creating, and how to have a functional website, blog, e-newsletter or marketing plan that will enhance organic SEO, then please contact us and we can have an obligation-free chat.