GET A JUMP ON 2019.
5 GREAT MARKETING TIPS YOU CAN DO OVER THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS…
…Without missing out on your holidays!
Another year is flying by, so tell me, how did 2018 work out for you? Did you achieve any of the things that you set out to do at the beginning of the year?
Or are you just counting down the days until you can clock off for the holiday break so you can shut the doors to the business for 2 to 3 weeks and not think about it until you get back!!
I can tell you that A LOT of your competition are going to do that. Which may be really enjoyable at the time, but maybe not the smartest decision for your business when you get back and your cash flow is low, fresh business leads even lower with little to no momentum to get things cranking again!
January is an incredible time to get a real leading edge on your competitors and market your head off because so many other businesses have switched the lights off and nobody is home! You don’t need to cancel your holiday plans, you just need to spend the next couple of weeks leading up to Christmas automating your social media posts and creating some email newsletters/blog posts to get the most out of marketing over the holiday period when everybody is quiet. And then while you are away, you can work on some strategy over the break to give you the best head start for the new year.
Read our 5 great tips below on what you can be doing now and over the break to get a head start on everybody else, or click on the video above to hear it for yourself!…
- Wrap it up. Have an honest look at what 2018 was really like. What worked, what didn’t work. Did you go into the beginning of the year with a clear marketing strategy or did you wing it for most of the year? What kind of customers did you attract, and what were the more profitable sales. Where do you think you can make improvements? You can’t fix what you don’t measure, so be honest, look at everything that worked and didn’t work, holidays are a great time to revisit your goals and stick them up where it’s nice and visible to remind you constantly what you want to achieve over the coming year.
“Where focus goes, energy flows.”
- Do some research and reading, get inspired. It’s a great time to catch up on some inspirational business reading, listen to those great podcasts, watch those videos, and read those blog posts. Get geared up with some great information and a clear direction on what you need to do for your business in 2019.
- Armed with this new found enthusiasm and an honest summary of the good and the bad of 2018, create a marketing strategy around what you can do a lot better in the new year. This doesn’t have to be a mammoth task, the best plans are often laid out on one page when you are really clear on your direction. Optimise what worked and double or triple those activities. Have you heard of the 80/20 rule? 20% of what you do brings in 80% of your business. Get clear on what the magic 20% of your marketing activities are, and then focus solely on that for the new year to really get some dynamic results. You can expand on your strategy when you get back from holidays, just get the ground work done.
- Get your marketing and sales material up to date. If your website or social media platforms need a work over, now is the time to get stuck into it. If you want to finally get that company video or sales brochures done, organise it now and just do it. Rev up your social media posts and your emails over the holiday period. This is the time when your clients have more TIME and are on their phones. Be in their social feed, so many of your competitors will switch off for most of January and the usual social media noise will be a lot quieter. Fill your potential client’s feeds with great, personal and helpful information. If you’re on holidays, share your holiday stories and relate it back to business. You’ll be surprised just what a connection you can create when you get personal in a relevant way.
- Create great strategic alliances, with a purpose. Look at who you know and what businesses you already work with that can help you grow quicker. Going to networking events and handing out a dozen business cards is not a strategic alliance.
“Developing really solid business connections with people that you both have a win/win for doing business together is. Sharing resources, ideas, databases and packaging up services that are mutually beneficial is a great way to grow your business.”
But most of all, if you can, get moving on this quicker! Don’t wait until late January to start working on your goals and marketing strategies. Get started now. Go to less Christmas parties and get serious about making 2019 a really fantastic year.
We are committed to working with you on making this happen.
Our business will be closed for the break from 24 December 2018 and reopening 2 January 2019.
We already have some great businesses working on big projects over this time because they want to make next year really count. Are you serious about making a real impact for your business in the new year? Talk to us and we’ll make it happen now, before your competition finally gets around to it!
The best way to have an amazing year is to take stock on the year that was, set your goals for the future year and create a great action plan around that.
Cheers to an awesome 2019!
If you want to speak with Melissa in greater detail about how to get more out of the content you are creating, and how to have a functional website, blog, e-newsletter or marketing plan that will enhance organic SEO, then please contact us and we can have an obligation-free chat.